ISLAMABAD – Federal Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry announced on Saturday that the government will go to court against the LHC decision in the Shehbaz Sharif case and maintained so far no request has been made by the lawyers of Shehbaz Sharif to remove his name from the blacklist.
In a tweet, Fawad Chaudhry said that the director-general of the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) has the power to add or remove any name from the blacklist.
PML-N President and Leader of the Opposition in the National Assembly Shehbaz Sharif was not allowed to fly from the Lahore airport to the United Kingdom via Qatar in the wee hours of Saturday after the Federal Investigation Authority (FIA) personnel intervened and offloaded him from the plane as his name is still on the ‘blacklist’.
On Friday, the LHC granted Shehbaz conditional permission to travel abroad once for medical treatment till July 3.
Earlier, talking to a private news channel, Fawad Chaudhry claimed that interestingly, Shehbaz Sharif had already booked his ticket even before filing the petition.
“There are different scales of justice for the rich and the poor in this country as rich get justice in a matter of hours,” Fawad commented. PML-N spokesperson Marriyum Aurangzeb said, “Shehbaz Sharif was never on ECL and his name was placed on the blacklist on account of political victimisation. Name of terrorists and anti-state elements are placed on the blacklist.”
She alleged, “Keeping in view his travel conduct Lahore High Court has granted a one-time travel. Placing Shehbaz’s name on the blacklist by the government without lawful authority was illegal and was on the orders of IK.”